8 oz dried pasta
2 chicken breasts, diced into bite size pieces
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
8oz cremini mushrooms
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup marsala wine
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Combine flour and garlic powder together in a large bowl. Toss chicken in the flour mixture until evenly coated.
3. Heat olive oil over medium high heat in a large skillet. Add chicken and cook until fully browned on all sides (about five minutes). Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
4. Add butter to the pan and cook mushrooms until they have released their liquid and become soft (about five minutes).
5. Add in marsala, chicken broth, balsamic vinegar, and Dijon mustard and bring to a simmer. Cook until the Dijon mustard has dissolved (about 2 minutes).
6. Add chicken back into the pan and pour in the heavy cream. Cook until the chicken has fully cooked. Add in pasta and parmesan cheese. Stir to combine.