1 1/2 pounds salmon, cut into four portions
2 tbsp sesame oil
4 cups cooked brown rice
1 cucumber peeled and cut into slices
1 avocado sliced
1/2 cup red cabbage
sesame seeds (for garnish)
chopped green onion (for garnish)
2/3 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup rice vinegar
6 cloves garlic minced
2 tbsp fresh ginger minced
1/4 cup honey
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1-2 tsp sriracha
2 tsp rice vinegar
1. In a small bowl stir together teriyaki sauce ingredients.
2. Heat sesame oil over a non stick skillet and sear salmon for 2 minutes on all sides.
3. Pour the marinade over the salmon and simmer until the sauce has thickened, about 3 - 4 minutes. Remove salmon from heat and set aside.
4. To make spicy mayo, mix together mayonnaise, sriracha, and rice vinegar.
5. To build the bowls divide rice equally into four bowls and top with a piece of salmon. Layer on avocado, cucumber, and cabbage. Top with green onions, sesame seeds. Drizzle with spicy mayo or leftover teriyaki sauce.