4 tbsp sesame oil (divided)
2 egg whites, beaten
1 egg, beaten
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp ground pepper
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 medium onion diced
5 scallions, chopped, whites and greens separated
2 cups diced carrots
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups frozen peas
3 cups leftover brown rice
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp hoisin sauce
1. Heat 2 tbsp of sesame oil in a wok or a large skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp, salt and pepper and cook until the shrimp turn pink and are no longer translucent. Remove from the pan and set aside.
2. Add both eggs into the skillet and cook until light and fluffy, around 1 - 2 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
3. Add in onion, scallion whites, carrots, garlic, and peas. Cook until vegetables become soft and onions are translucent. About 5 - 6 minutes.
4. Increase heat to high and add rice. Spread the rice out to cover the bottom of the skillet. Leave to brown for 2 - 3 minutes. Stir in shrimp and eggs.
5. Add soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and red pepper flakes. Stir to fully combine.
6. Serve with scallion greens and enjoy.