2 pounds lean ground turkey
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1tsp Italian seasoning
2 cloves garlic minced
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
4 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tbsp lemon juice (about one whole lemon juiced)
1/2 tsp rosemary
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 cup fresh parsley
1 tbsp grated parmesan (for garnish)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and lightly spray a 9x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Combine ground turkey, mozzarella, egg and Italian seasoning in a large bowl. Form into even sized meatballs and place into the baking sheet.
3. Bake your meatballs for 15 - 20 minutes until fully cooked through. Drain any excess fat with a spoon if needed.
4. In the meantime, melt butter in a sauce pan and add in garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook until garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute. Add in lemon juice, rosemary, thyme, and fresh parsley. Remove from heat and pour the butter sauce over the meatballs.
5. Sprinkle parmesan over meatballs and bake for another 5 minutes just until cheese is melted.