5 tbsp butter, softened at room temp
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup strong brewed coffee or espresso (using instant espresso)
11/4 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 tbsp espresso (using instant espresso)
1.Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 8 muffins tins and set aside.
2. Cream together butter and sugar using the paddle attachment in a standing mixer until light and fluffy. About 4 - 5 minutes.
3. Add in the egg, vanilla extract, ginger, black pepper, cloves, and cinnamon. Beat until fully combined.
4. In a medium sized bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt until combined. Alternate adding the flour mixture and the coffee into the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
5. Fill muffin tins 3/4 of the way and bake for 15 minutes until golden brown on the top. Allow to cool for 30 mins.
6. One muffins are cool, whisk together powdered sugar and espresso. Drizzle the glaze over the muffins and top with extra espresso powder.