Next we have the red onion. Most people don't mind a little red onion on their burger or finely chopped in their tuna salad. Me on the other hand...I'm fairly certain I could bite into one like an apple. Do I have dull taste buds? I swear I have not done any drugs in my life to desensitize my taste buds. I just like bold flavors.
- 4 cups chopped cucumbers (I use English cucumbers so I don't have to seed them)
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup diced kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, pitted and diced into chunks
- 1 1/2 cups feta cheese, broken into chunks
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1. In a large serving bowl combine cucumber, cherry tomatoes, olives, parsley, red onion, and oregano.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Add to the cucumber mixture and toss to fully coat and combine the salad.
3. Top the salad with avocado and feta cheese.
*This salad is even better after sitting in the fridge for a couple of hours.