3/4 cup salted butter (1 1/2 sticks)
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup apple butter
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp kosher salt
2 cups apples (about 2 apples) diced
Maple Butter Glaze
3 tbs salt butter
1 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
flaky sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper
2. Add butter to a medium pan over medium high heat. Cook until butter becomes foamy and browned (2-3 minutes). Stir often. Remove from the heat and stir in 1 cup brown sugar and apple butter. Allow to cool for five minutes. Stir in eggs and vanilla extract.
3. Add in flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt into the mixture. Place dough into the baking dish so that it evenly covers the bottom.
4. Toss apples with 1/2 cup brown sugar and place on the top of the dough, evenly spread out. Transfer to the oven and bake for 25 - 30 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
5. To prepare the glaze, melt butter in a medium pan over medium high heat. Cook until butter becomes foamy and browned (2-3 minutes). Remove from heat and add in maple syrup, powdered sugar and cinnamon.
6. Drizzle the glaze over the cooked apple dough. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt if desired. Cut into bars and enjoy.